SPAY/NEUTER YOUR PET



Millions
of dogs and cats are killed each year simply because there is no place for them to go or anyone to care for them. This terrible overpopulation will be eliminated by being a responsible person and spaying/neutering your pet.
Alabama Animal Alliance Spay/Neuter Clinic at 334-239-7387 (PETS)



Friday, October 10, 2008

new rescued dog update

The dog we took in a few weeks ago that I posted about earlier...the one who broke INTO my fence....has now been spayed. The vet said she was not pregnant so that's a blessing. She's also, thankfully and blessedly, heartworm negative. She is now updated on her shots, and her personality is beginning to show. She's sweet, super inquisitive, playful, and a velcro dog. The velcro dog part is likely due to her mistreatment so that now she's seeking protection and recognizes me as alpha of this pack and, therefore, her protector. She's learning to be a good dog and smart enough to get it pretty well. Her only drawback is that she'll counter surf. The danged dog ate half a wheel of brie! I left it on the table, stepped out of the room, and came back to the whole thing in her mouth. Fortunately, I was able to get her to drop it before she swallowed and made herself sick. I am the idiot who left brie on the table, but none of my dogs would ever touch it. They know better. Oh, well, she's learning and will make someone a great dog once she realizes that not everyone is going to hit her I shook paper at her to get her attention, without thinking that it would scare her, and she crouched down to the floor, braced for a blow. Stupid idiot previous owners must've hit her with newspapers or something. I hate people.

No comments:

Post a Comment