SPAY/NEUTER YOUR PET



Millions
of dogs and cats are killed each year simply because there is no place for them to go or anyone to care for them. This terrible overpopulation will be eliminated by being a responsible person and spaying/neutering your pet.
Alabama Animal Alliance Spay/Neuter Clinic at 334-239-7387 (PETS)



Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Appreciating Your God Given Talents...and not being angry for what you can't do

This morning, as I was singing Phantom of the Opera at the top of my lungs while driving to work, it occurred to me that while singing is not one of my talents, I enjoy it nevertheless. I have always loved to sing. All kinds of music, words that speak to me, music that moves me. I sing. I can not, however, carry a tune in a bucket. I do not sing in the presence of other people. It would scald their ears! I accept that singing well is just not one of the talents that God gave me. Neither is dancing for that matter, though I love to move. Oh to be able to paint the masterpieces that I see in my mind! Alas, paint them I cannot.

There are so many things that I enjoy, but am not talented at doing. You know what? That's ok. God gave me many gifts, though sometimes they seem hidden.
I firmly believe that God does not give any one person everything. People might be smart and they might be Pretty but if they are both, they are usually Not Nice people. You just don't get everything.

So many people lament what they can't do, what they don't have, rather than truly pondering what they CAN do or what gifts they do have. It is much better to be aware of our particular talents, put them to good use, than to cry about what we can't do. Perhaps your talent lies in your ability to comfort others in a time of need, or in seeing a situation in a completely different light, or maybe in understanding complex mathematics. Whatever our talents, we should be introspective enough to recognize them, and, upon realization, put them to good use.

I am blessed with smarts, an analytical mind, and a drive to "get it done". I call myself a "handler" because I am the person who handles it. I get it done. I poke and prod people to get their parts done. That also means I am impatient, though God has put many things in my path to teach me patience, and abrasive, with which I struggle. I am a southern belle, and I can "talk southern" with the best of them, but my bluntness can be upsetting to some. I was not graced with a smooth tongue, but you will always know where you stand with me. My mind and my mouth both get me into trouble plenty! I take on more than most people can handle, and I do it all, to the point of my own exhaustion. But these are my talents, my gifts, the things that make me who I am and give me the ability to do all of the things that I do. I will never be an opera singer, or a company dancer, or even good enough at painting to sell what I create, but if a job needs to get done, I'm your girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment