SPAY/NEUTER YOUR PET



Millions
of dogs and cats are killed each year simply because there is no place for them to go or anyone to care for them. This terrible overpopulation will be eliminated by being a responsible person and spaying/neutering your pet.
Alabama Animal Alliance Spay/Neuter Clinic at 334-239-7387 (PETS)



Friday, December 14, 2007

universities don't know if you keep your keys

UPDATE: Well, I've been out of school for 10 years now. Yep, an in-the-work-force PhD for 10 years. Guess what? I finally threw out those keys. The university never knew I had them or what happened to them. Not great security. And I've found that this is the same in other universities. I still have some keys from the last place I worked! I really wonder how many former students and employees are out there with university lab/office keys.

Original Post:

The university I attended for undergraduate and graduate school has some bugs. If you are doing research or teaching, you can obtain keys to the labs or classrooms by having a card filled out and going to the university police office. Supposedly, they keep a record of these keys and will charge you for not returning them. I've been out of school for 1.5 yrs and still have my keys. I suppose they may change the locks in the next 15 years, but I doubt it. I actually forgot about them with moving to a new place and starting a new job, but then realized, they never asked for them back. I'm keeping them as a study of how long it will take for them to realize I have them and to ask for them back or send me a bill.
Also, if you keep your student ID, some universities do not cut off your access to places like internet library resources. If you just graduate, they don't take your ID. If you are an "employee", they make you turn in your ID. Isn't the number of graduated students much larger than former employees? It seems this is a backwards policy.

No comments:

Post a Comment