SPAY/NEUTER YOUR PET



Millions
of dogs and cats are killed each year simply because there is no place for them to go or anyone to care for them. This terrible overpopulation will be eliminated by being a responsible person and spaying/neutering your pet.
Alabama Animal Alliance Spay/Neuter Clinic at 334-239-7387 (PETS)



Wednesday, March 18, 2009

I quit, I quit, I quit

I've decided the rescue is wrong. They are euthanizing a dog that I do not believe needs to be euthanized. They obviously do think so and they are listening to lawyers about liability, but I think they are wrong. I quit. I won't work with a rescue who kills dogs in the best interest of the organization, not the dog. What would Cesar say? What would the devoted people of Dog Town say? They have all worked with much worse cases to great succes. Maybe I'm wrong and maybe the dog is dangerous, but there is no listening to reason in that organization so I quit. No more for me. I will devote my time to smaller rescues who actually need me, listen to me, let me be a part of things. I do not mention names on purpose because this large rescue DOES do alot to help dogs and have helped many to find homes so I will not intentionally speak ill of them. Many dogs live long happy lives because of them, but in this case, I vehemently disagree with them. I resigned from a volunteer organization and was made to feel GUILTY about it. How ridiculous is that? I feel guilty for quitting something that I VOLUNTEER to do, to give my free time. Nope. I'm done.

2 comments: