SPAY/NEUTER YOUR PET



Millions
of dogs and cats are killed each year simply because there is no place for them to go or anyone to care for them. This terrible overpopulation will be eliminated by being a responsible person and spaying/neutering your pet.
Alabama Animal Alliance Spay/Neuter Clinic at 334-239-7387 (PETS)



Monday, March 16, 2009

What a bad week.

This week is rapidly turning into one of the worst. It is only Monday. I found out yesterday that my vet, the person who spent 8 years obtaining a specialized degree, prescribed Ivomec incorrectly to the tune of telling me to give my dogs TEN times the recommended dose. It seems she can't do math and said to give 0.1 ml per 20 lbs of dog of a 1% ivermectin solution, which I bought from HER. This is completely wrong and way too much of this heartworm preventative. It should be 0.01 ml per 20 lbs of dog to match the heartgard dose. I am sending her a certified letter with the copy of the prescription label that she typed. So far, no ill effects in my dogs but we only gave this once as we just started this regimen. Then, I have been sick for about 4 weeks with a bad sinus infection. Got meds and shots from the doctor and it recurred so back to the doctor for more meds and shots. Yuck. Then I find out one of my adopted dogs is being returned due to "food aggression" that he didn't exhibit in foster care. The people have been good and we have been trying to work with them but this is turning out to be one of those matches that just wasn't right. He will go to training and then be evaluated for a new home. I am sad for him. Then the dangerous dog being euthanized who I am crying for out of the sadness of it all. Please, please let Tuesday be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment